There’s a certain kind of data corruption that can happen to QuickBooks data files that prevents you from being able to add new users, or change existing ones.
We’ve seen this the most in version 2012 and 2013 files. The scenario plays out like this:
* Errors when trying to add new users
* Errors when trying to save changes to existing users
* One user can perform functions in QuickBooks, but another user with equivalent privileges cannot.
* One user cannot log in (but others can)
* One user cannot save customer credit card information, or employee social security numbers, or vendor tax IDs
All of these are symptoms of corruption in the user data in the file.
The options are to restore a pre-corrupted backup of the data, or to get the file repaired.
Have you run into this problem? How was it manifested?