QuickBooks 2011 is now shipping. Here are some of the new features for this version:
- Customer snapshot — instant look at customer volume and payment performance
- QuickBooks Connect — access your QuickBooks data through your mobile device or the internet (this is an optional, fee-based service)
- QuickBooks Search — find any customer, account, report, or details with keyword search
- Customer and Vendor History — details about past transactions for your billings and purchases
- Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Integration — send invoices, estimates, other QuickBooks documents out of your favorite email service
- Balance Sheet by Class (Premier edition) — balance sheet reporting by location, department, fund
- Inventory adjustment enhancements
- Collections Center — email past due or almost-due customers notifications through your Outlook, Gmail or Hotmail account
- Multiple companies open simultaneously (QuickBooks Accountant 2011)
- Batch invoicing for repetitive billing (QuickBooks Accountant 2011)
- User permissions, 5 concurrent users, iChat support (QuickBooks 2011 Mac version)
Any downsides to the 2011 version? The only major one I’ve heard of is a new limitation in the number of simultaneous users you can have in the Pro and Premier editions. Read about it here.
My favorite blogs for detailed analysis of QuickBooks 2011? Check out
What do you think? Do the new 2011 features look compelling for your business?